Garlic belongs to the Allium family of vegetables which also includes onions, chives, shallots and leeks.It is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet.
Galic bulb The active component in garlic is the sulfur compound called allicin. Allicin is the chemical produced when garlic is chopped, chewed, or bruised. Allicin is quite powerful as an antibiotic and a potent agent that helps the body to inhibit the ability of germs to grow and reproduce. In fact, it's said that 1 milligram of allicin has a potency of 15 standard units of penicillin.
What's the benefits of Garlic powder ?
• Protection from oxidants and radiation. Protects cells form oxidant injury and radiation damage.
• Anti-stress and anti-fatigue. Improves physical strength, and reduces stress and fatigue.
• Anti-aging and anti-depression. Improves memory function and enhances nerve growth.
• garlic is widely used for several conditions linked to the blood system and heart, including atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), high cholesterol, heart attack, coronary heart disease and hypertension.
• Liver-detoxification. Protects liver by quickly eliminating toxic chemicals.
• Garlic is known to stimulate T-lymphocyte and macrophage action, promote interleukin-1 levels, and support natural killer cells. Strong activity of these key cells promotes healthy immune system function, and strengthens the body's defenses.
• Garlic is also used today by some people for the prevention of lung cancer, prostate cancer, breast cancer, stomach cancer, rectal cancer, and colon cancer.People who ate raw garlic at least twice a week had a 44% lower risk of developing lung cancer.
Today garlic extract is a widely recognized health enhancing supplement. One of garlic's most potent health benefits includes the ability to enhance the body's immune cell activity.